Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Day 2 - Pushing Through Cautiously

Ok, so Day 2 ended up being a bit difficult.  I woke up with hands swollen like balloons, screaming at me.  In addition, my hips and knees also joined the revolt.  I completely expected my body and Rheumatoid to fight back against me getting healthy and active, but I thought it would at least take a few days.

Though I did push through some of it, I wasn't able to do as much as I wanted.  In addition, since I am unable to really grasp anything today, I had to choose exercises that didn't require my hands.  I kept it simple and minimal because I honestly don't know what my body is telling me right now and I don't want to injure myself by not listening.  Even still, I definitely felt all the muscles I worked out yesterday.

Today's Workout: Easy Does It

30 minute Walk, variable inclines
2 sets:
20 crunches on balance ball
10 "girl" pushups
10 squats (all my hips and knees could take at once)
30-second plank

So, as you can see, not a lot, but I still did something.  I didn't say "Oh no, I hurt!  No exercise today!" like I normally would.  Instead, I said "Oh no, I hurt!  Let's pick something that is easier on the joints."  You may not think so, but that is a big step for me.


No comments:

Post a Comment