Monday, December 10, 2012

Day 1 - Accountability & Triceps

Pulling from a post on my other blog, Bipolar Musings, here my first workout update and a little more information.  You know, in case you stumbled across this blog randomly or you suddenly developed amnesia from one blog to another.

Today, I did something I haven't done in a long time - I put myself through a full workout.  Now, I know I have several friends who do a heck of a lot more than what I did today, but I pushed my muscles to their give in point and that works for me...for now.


I have learned a lot since I quit working out the first time.  I have learned that taking the easy way out is rarely the best way.  I have learned that physical activity is something my body craves.  I have learned that an overweight person who exercises regularly is still healthier than a person at the "proper" weight who doesn't exercise.  I have learned that physical activity is absolutely VITAL for maintaining functionality with Rheumatoid Arthritis. I stop moving, so do my joints.  So I am starting again. 

Today I took that first step.  Last night as I lay in bed, I planned out my workout.  I caught myself thinking "I will try to workout tomorrow" and realized I was thinking the same way I had been for the last two years.  I then changed that phrase in my head to "No.  I will not try.  I will perform.  I WILL workout tomorrow."  That change in thinking made all the difference.  Now, I know how easy it is to quit.  It is harder to get started than to quit.  And now we are to the point of this post.  

I would love if someone out there would be willing to be my accountability coach.  Everyone does better when you are accountable to someone, right?  I also want to be able to track my increased endurance and strength.  What better way than a blog!  So, if you are willing to be my accountability coach, or if you want to be my workout partner, I look forward to hearing from you!

*Note:  I have limited resources at home.  My workouts will involve gravity/body weight exercises, balance ball, or those stretchy rope thingies that I can't remember the name of - Oh yea!  Resistance bands*

Today's Workout: Tricep Focus
30 Minutes walking the dog, variable inclines
20 Tricep overhead extensions w/yellow band, each arm
30 second Plank
20 Tricep kickback w/ green band, each arm
20 Burpees
20 Tricep dips
30 Lunges
40 second Plank
40 Dead Bugs
Stretch and Cooldown

No comments:

Post a Comment